GLOBE – Global Consensus on Sustainability in the Built Environment
“Nothing less than a transformative and united worldwide effort from all stakeholders of the construction sector is required for human society to be successful in sustainable development, and in the mitigation of the disastrous consequences of climate change at global and local scales”. This is the central message of the GLOBE Consensus, which has been recently stipulated by an international group of experts, mandated by seven of the leading professional associations in the domain of construction engineering. GLOBE stands for Global Consensus on Sustainability in the Built Environment and it highlights the global challenges associated with the built environment as a main contributor to climate change.
A complete press release is available here.
More information about GLOBE is available here.
 The expert group represents the seven leading international associations:
· IABSE – International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering
· Fib – The International Federation for Structural Concrete
· RILEM - International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures
· CIB – International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction
· ECCS – European Convention for Constructional Steel Work
· IASS - International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures
· JCSS – the Joint Committee on Structural Safety