REGISTER NOW !
Eight 90-min webinar sessions next April - May 2023
A series of 8 webinar 90-min sessions will be organized on 3 weeks in April-May 2023:
- Tuesday 18/04 + Wednesday 19/04 + Thursday 20/04
- Tuesday 25/04 + Wednesday 26/04
- Tuesday 02/05 + Wednesday 03/05 + Thursday 04/05
The objective of these sessions will be to provide, with the direct involvement of the authors themselves, a complete training on Design of Steel Structures for Buildings in Seismic Areas (Eurocode 8: Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance Part: 1 General Rules, Seismic Action and Rule for Buildings).
The programme is available here.
Eurosteel Amsterdam 2023 (12-14 September 2023)
- 15th September 2022, open site for submission of abstracts.
- 15th November 2022, deadline for submission of abstracts.
- 15th December 2022, notification of accepted abstracts.
- 1st April 2023, deadline for submission of the full papers.
- 1st June 2023, notification of accepted full papers.
- 15th June 2023, deadline for early bird registration.
SAVE THE DATE
Nordic Steel Construction Conference 2024
- 15th June 2023, open site for submission of abstracts
- 15th September 2023, deadline for submission of abstracts
- 15th October 2023, notification of accepted abstracts
- 15th January 2024, deadline for submission of the full papers
- 1st March 2024, notification of accepted full papers
- 1st April 2024, deadline for early bird registration
For more information about NSCC 2024, visit the conference website www.nordicsteel2024.se
XIV CONGRESSO DE CONSTRUÇÃO METÁLICA E MISTA (23-24 November 2023)
The XIV Conference on Steel and Composite Construction will be held in Coimbra - Portugal, on the 23rd and 24th of November 2023.
Following the success of the last Conferences organized by CMM, the XIV Conference on Steel and Composite Construction has the main objective to promote the most recent innovations and achievements in the scope of this type of construction, seeking to contribute decisively to the promotion, consolidation, and expansion of the sector.
In this edition there will be given special relevance to the themes: "Modular Manufacturing" and "Additive Manufacturing".
More information in https://www.cmm.pt/congresso14.
Deadline for abstract submission: 1st June 2023
Deadline for paper submission: 8th September 2023
Climate change and environmental degradation are an existential threat to Europe and the world. To overcome these challenges, Europe needs a new growth strategy that transforms the Union into a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy where
- there are no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
- economic growth is decoupled from resource use
- no person and no place is left behind
The European Green Deal is the EU roadmap for making the EU's economy sustainable. This will happen by turning climate and environmental challenges into opportunities across all policy areas and making the transition just and inclusive for all.
Building and renovating policy area: Start a ‘renovation wave’ here.
The PROGRESS project provides methodologies, tools and recommendations on reusing steel-based components from existing and planned buildings.
More information is available here.
PROGRESS in an EU funded project under RFCS, the Research Fund for Coal and Steel
- ECCS Technical Committee
European Steel Design Awards
High Performance Steel Structures Research Council
The NEWSKIN project
Key Enabling Technologies (KET´s) deployment will be the driving force for a significant part of the goods and services that will be available in the market in the next decade. Amongst KET´s, nano-enabled surfaces and membranes must be highlighted due to their huge potential to offer material solutions to address Sustainable Development Goals resulting in positive and sound impacts for the society and key industrial sectors. The NewSkin project aims to create an Open Innovation Test Bed (OITB), a new legal entity which will provide the European Innovation Ecosystem with the necessary technologies, resources and services to uptake a set of game changing, efficient and cost- effective innovative processes to manufacture nano-enabled industrial and consumer products as well as the necessary testing capabilities to demonstrate nano-enhanced goods features.
The Consortium is coordinated by ECCS.
Click here to reach the Newskin website.