28 – 31 October 2018, Ghent
Sixth International Symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering
During this symposium a special session was dedicated to PROGRESS.
PROGRESS - Provisions for Greater Reuse of Steel Structures
This special session covers the topics concerning the reuse of steel-based components from existing and planned buildings. It is focused on methodologies, tools and recommendations to maximize the environmental and economic potential of the building components through their reuse.
The special session includes three main parts:
1 .The reuse of elements from existing buildings;
2. The design of reusable buildings;
3. The circular economy and environmental impact of reused components.
13 February 2019, Lahti
Lifecycle Thinking Clinic workshop
The Built Environment Lifecycle Thinking Clinic workshop was co-organized with the Finnish Environmental Institute (SYKE) on 13 February 2019 in Lahti.
During this workshop, opportunities for CDW reduction by reuse of building elements were presented, and a CircWaste networking seminar was organized to present the PROGRESS project to the Finnish municipal representatives.
- Spain, Barcelona, 17 May 2019 (in the frame of Construmat)
- UK, London, 08 October 2019
- Portugal, Coimbra, 21-22 November 2019 (in the frame of the Steel and Composite Construction Conference)
- The Netherlands (date and place to be confirmed)
The final workshop will be held in Belgium together with ECCREDI (European Council for Research, Development and Innovation in the Construction sector) member associations such as ACE (Architects Council of Europe), FIEC (Federarion of Construction Industries), ECCE (European Convention for Civil Engineers), and others in Brussels in June 2020.